Welcome to St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School which is part of the Hard Federation of St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary Schools. Barking and Dagenham.
Ours is a happy, vibrant and inclusive school which welcomes all children whatever their culture, ethnic origin, social background, academic ability, religion, economic circumstances or gender. Our work is founded in the Gospel values of Jesus Christ who is at the centre of all we do.
We undertake to create a climate of successful learning and teaching in which every child is stimulated to reach his or her potential and so find fulfilment in the unique contribution (s)he is called to make to society. We respect the dignity of each individual. We endeavour to know our children personally and to build relationships of mutual trust in which their formation and development at every level are fostered. This is extended to the wider family setting, so that a true partnership is established.
We set high standards and goals and aim to achieve our best in all areas of school life.
We seek to:
* Safeguard and prevent our children from harm
* Promote learning and growing based on the values of Jesus Christ.
* Promote academic, spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development.
* Provide a curriculum which is rich and varied, challenging and inspiring.
* Seek to engage all pupils and promote a love of learning.
* Prepare for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
* Enable each individual to reach his/her potential.
* Safeguard entitlement and ensure equal access.
* Ensure curriculum breadth, coverage, continuity, progression and coherence.
* Promote school as a learning environment and centre of excellence.
* Promote and maintain excellent standards.
* Achieve high levels of pupil achievement.
In St. Joseph’s we are blessed to have wonderful children who truly accept each other and work together in a loving and caring community. We have hard working, approachable and creative staff who are adept at ensuring our children achieve their best through fun and inspirational learning. We have governors who support what we do in a positive and challenging approach and we have parents and carers who work with us and are proud of their school. We are not perfect but we are happy to engage in two way conversations to make what we do better still.
If you have any questions or enquiries please contact the school office in the first instance who will be able to put you in touch with the member of staff who can help you best. Ms. Karas awaits your call…
Click here for more information.